HOLIDAY RECIPE ROUNDUP
Posted: Dec 11 2014
We're knee deep in guests these days. And while experts will tell you this isn't the time to try out new dishes, we think these look pretty delicious and accessible. In no particular order, here are some of our favorite seasonal recipes from the food blogosphere.
- Hannah's Cranberry Relish Pie from Nothing But Delicious is an ingenious use for leftover relish or sauce, but we think it's reason enough to make a double batch. A drizzle of Malibu Honey at serving would compliment the Cheddar Vodka Crust (what?!) and reinforce the sweet-tart red berry filling.
- This Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Brandy Soup, from Beth of Local Milk, sounds like a deliciously simple and healthful meal to keep us on track through these last few weeks of holiday madness. We'd take the fruity notes even further with a swirl of Bourbon Apple Butter on top before serving.
- Avocado & Quinoa-Stuffed Acorn Squash from Love and Lemons has us dreaming of all cookies we'll reward ourselves with after this fresh, protein-packed dish. A spoonful of Lemon Sage Mustard stirred into the filling before adding to the squash would lend a bright, tangy finish.
- This Bratwurst Grilled Cheese from Stephanie's I Am a Food Blog hits all the right buttons for us: sweet onions (we might swap in Onion & Garlic Jam), salty brat, Whole Grain Beer Mustard and buttery bread and potatoes. Just the sort of thing whip up when the meal has to stretch for an extra few guests.
- Green means GO! Go for the nutritional, yet totally tasty choice. And save time by swirling in a little thinned Coconut Ginger Cashew Butter in place of cashew cream in this gorgeous Cream of Broccoli and Cashew Soup from Sarah at My New Roots.